The Smart Way of Finding Your Lost TV Remote
Remote controls have a way of disappearing right when you need them most. For many of us, watching TV is a daily activity, so your remote gets used a lot and by the whole family. It’s no wonder it gets lost as often as it does. Losing your remote control is annoying and stressful and finding it takes time you could better spend relaxing on the couch.
Did you know that you will spend around two weeks of your life looking for your lost remote control?
Where’s the TV remote?
It’s been a long, hard day, maybe even a Monday, and now it’s finally over. You were good today and went grocery shopping on your way from work, you put the kids to bed, maybe you even cleaned around the flat a little bit. You just made dinner and now, you're ready to relax for an hour or two with your favourite TV show.
You sit down and reach for the remote. Only the remote is nowhere to be found. You know that obnoxious commercial with the horrible jingle that gets stuck in your head every time that you just can’t stand? Chances are it will air again right when you’re looking for your remote.
The minutes you get to relax are precious few and you don’t want to spend them looking for your remote. After all, it’s supposed to make your life easier, not more difficult.
10 minutes later, you find it in the kitchen. You have no idea how it got there, but it was probably you while you were making dinner.
How to find your lost TV remote
Losing your TV remote is a common problem, so people have come up with a few tried and tested steps you should take to shorten the search:
- Check under the clutter of your coffee table
- We share the TV remote with friends and family. Ask around to see if any of them moved it or knows its location
- Half the time, your remote is hidden in the couch. Move the pillows, shale the blanket and check the in-between spaces where things disappear without you even noticing.
- Thoroughly check the room where your TV is located
- Look underneath the furniture directly in front of the TV. The couch and coffee table are your best bet.
- Look in rooms you’d often go to when watching TV, like the kitchen or the bathroom.
How can you make sure you never lose your remote control again?
The internet is a wonderful place, full of ideas (some better than others). Here are a few common suggestions on what you can do to make sure you don’t lose your remote control again:
- Use a string to tie it to your couch
- Put Velcro on the back and stick it to a designated place on your couch
- Always put the remote control down on the same, designated place
- Be mindful of what you do with your remote control
- Add a Bluetooth tracker and keep track of it with your phone
The Smart Solution For The Lost Remote Control Problem
Your TV remote is not just your own. Multiple people use the same remote control, which makes it even harder to keep track of. You can spend precious time looking for your remote, only to find out it was moved by someone else. And even if it wasn’t them, you can save time just by knowing where you don’t have to look.
Chipolo Card is the easiest and smartest way to find lost or misplaced TV remotes.
Just attach the card-thin Bluetooth tracker to your TV remote and use the Chipolo app on your phone to help you find it. You can share the tracker virtually with your friends and family through the Chipolo app, to double the finding power. That way everybody will be able to use their phone and find the missing remote control with just a few taps on their phone.