The Smart Way of Finding Your Lost TV Remote
Remote controls have a way of disappearing right when you need them most. Losing your remote control is annoying and stressful and finding it takes time you could better spend relaxing on the couch.
For many of us, watching TV is a daily activity, so your remote gets used a lot and by the whole family. It’s no wonder it gets lost as often as it does.
Did you know that you will spend around two weeks of your life looking for your lost remote control?
Where’s the TV remote?
It’s been a long, hard day, maybe even a Monday, and now it’s finally over. You just made dinner and now, you're ready to relax with your favourite TV show.
You sit down and reach for the remote. Only the remote isn't there. And you know that obnoxious commercial with the horrible jingle that gets stuck in your head every time? Chances are it will air again right when you’re looking for your remote.
10 minutes later, you find it in the kitchen. You have no idea how it got there, but it was probably you while you were making dinner.
The minutes you get to relax are precious few and you don’t want to spend them looking for your remote.
How to find your lost TV remote
Losing your TV remote is a common problem, so people have come up with a few tried and tested steps you can take to shorten the search:
1. Thoroughly check the clutter on your coffee table
2. Ask your friends or family if one of them moved it or knows its location
3. Check the couch. Move the pillows, shake the blankets and check the in-between spaces where things disappear without you even noticing.
4. Look underneath the furniture near the TV. The couch and coffee table are your best bet.
5. Look in other rooms you go to when you're watching TV, like the kitchen or the bathroom.
How can you make sure you never lose your remote control again?
The internet is a wonderful place, full of ideas (some better than others). Here are a few common suggestions on what you can do to make sure you don’t lose your remote control again:
- Use a string to tie it to your couch
- Put Velcro on the back and stick it to a designated place on your couch
- Always put the remote control down on the same, designated place
- Be mindful of what you do with your remote control
- Add a Bluetooth tracker and keep track of it with your phone
The Smart Solution For The Lost Remote Control Problem
Is your TV remote just your own?
Usually, more people use the same remote control and that makes it even harder to keep track of it. You can spend precious time looking for your remote, only to find somebody else put it in a place that only made sense to them. You can save so much time just by knowing where you don’t have to look.
And we have just the solution: Chipolo Card is the easiest and smartest way to find lost or misplaced TV remotes.
Attach the card-thin Bluetooth tracker to your TV remote and use the Chipolo app on your phone to help you find it. You can also share the tracker virtually with your friends and family through the Chipolo app, to double the finding power. Everybody you share it with will be able to use their phone and find the missing remote control with just a few taps on their phone.