Tech Campers Need While in the Woods
Summer’s here, so pack your tents and sleeping bags, load up the truck and trade the city for the trails. Now is the perfect time to breathe in the fresh air and become one with Mother Nature.
Here are our 5 recommended pieces of tech that’ll help make the most out of your group’s camping experience:
- Lifestraw – If you’re an avid hiker or camper, you know you’re in trouble if you run out of water. Lifestraw is a 9” straw that allows you to drink from streams, lakes or any container at any time. It removes 99.9% of waterborne bacteria and can filter up to 1,000 liters of water. LifeStraw only weighs 2 ounces and can clip on to your pack or belt for easy access.
- Chipolo Plus - No gear left behind with Chipolo! Attach the Bluetooth tracker to your keys, camera or any other equipment to keep from losing them. It can show you the last place you left the first-aid kit or help find your misplaced phone. Share the location of your Chipolo with your friends on the trail to keep yourself from getting lost too. You can also use Chipolo as a remote shutter to capture your adventure memories without adding a selfie stick to your load.
- Jetboil Flash Personal Cooking System - If you’re a camping regular, you know how annoying it is to pack the grill and the propane tanks. Jetboil is a personal cooking system that weighs less than a pound and takes up as little space as a thermos. The system only takes two minutes to boil water, allowing you to cook cocoa, coffee, instant soup or a freeze-dried meal in the included cooking cup.
- MPowered Luci - This lantern is powered by the sun, so you’ll never need to pack a battery for your lantern again. With four different modes, this lamp will illuminate your campsite for up to 18 hours. Its adjustable straps allow you to position the light anywhere, even if you don’t have a hook or platform to hang it from.
- Deeper Sonar - This fish finder will make sure that you’re always exactly where the fish are biting. The piece connects to your fishing line underwater, sending signals and notifications back to your smartphone app. It even keeps track of the weather, helping you decide when to run back to the tent for shelter.
So, load up your pack, grab your friends, attach a Chipolo to your new high-tech camping gear and hit the trails!